GENERAL DONATION SPECIFIC DONATION

Julie's Story: "RtH's Malawi Mission Trip Was an Answer to Prayer"

Posted February 2022

My trip to Malawi 4 years ago was an answered prayer and dream come true to get to serve and meet such beautiful people.


I have gone w different organizations before but none were so well thought out and intentional in meeting every need of each person. I love how RtH give them tangibly a water well to meet their physical needs, but also the way we spent an entire day building friendships, encouraging their lives with Gods truth. RtH does not stop there they have a ongoing impact in their lives by continuing to pour into them week after week through the nationals way after the team has gone and building a church in every village. It is a truly beautiful thing to see and be a part of!


I went not really knowing what I could offer as a mother. Little did I know what they crave and have a lack of is mothers due to sickness. They desperately want someone who shows them affection and tenderly cares for them. One particular evening we were at the well ceremony. I dipped my finger in and splashed a few kids. They screamed w delight and one little girl ran up gave me a hug and I held her little face and kissed her forehead. She screamed w joy and soon there were 15 little faces all lined up to be kissed. And they continued to line up,like the minions,to be kissed over and over. Each time screaming with sheer joy. At that moment I realized what a privilege it was to be Gods literal hands and feet to these precious children. I came with nothing significant to give but the love of Jesus, and that was enough! His love truly changes everything! Lord willing I will be heading with my son to the Philippines in June. 


I absolutely love Reaching the Hungry and all that they represent! 


— Julie U.